Becoming a cam model is as cool as it gets. On Camistry for instance, you can earn in excess of $10k on a good week but usually an average of about $500 a day. Another bright side of being on Camistry is that you do not have to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. You are in total control of your body, and you can decide what you want to do with it.
If you think you have what it takes and want to make some money through performing live shows or selling subscription content, Camistry is the perfect place for you.
However, you need to know that tens of thousands of other people aspire to star in the industry. Therefore, you need to learn a few things that will give you the edge over others.
Our team has a rich list of experienced people in the cam industry and they have helped to cover all you need to know:
Signing Up: As we explained in the sign-up section, it is easy to sign-up/register. A username and a few personal details are all that we need. You have be 18 years or older as at the time of registration, and must have read and accepted our terms and guidelines.
Creating your bio: Your bio is important, as an exciting one helps you to develop a connection that transcends physical sex with your followers.
- A bio involves you first of all choosing a cam stage name. We encourage choosing a fake name against sharing your personal information.
- Our platform allows you to add pictures, web links, social media links, floating icons, animations, logos, or any other thing you feel makes you unique. You may include the following in your bio:
- What you enjoy.
- The best time your fans can watch you perform.
- A wish list of the toys or games you’d like to have (which your fans might buy for you).
- Random facts about yourself, including fetishes or kinks or even your favorite band.
Creating a virtual studio: Creating yourself a home studio doesn’t have to be a complicated process. You can follow these guidelines:
- Pay attention to lighting: Ensure you preview your setup before going live to eliminate dark shadows that may make you appear unprofessional.
- Invest in diffused lighting setups and soft boxes: The reason is simple; everyone looks better in soft diffused lighting!
- Dress to kill: Your goal is to impress your followers so that they come back. Everything comes down to how you dress and you don’t have to be completely unclad to wow your fans. While choosing your clothing, consider how you want to present yourself and how your clothing reflects that. For instance, are you looking for a sweet schoolgirl look or a sultry dominatrix look?
A list of apparel items based on the most popular requests from fans can never go wrong. If you’re stuck on ideas, your audience will most likely come up with some. You need to keep asking your audience for feedback: What are their top requests? What are they willing to tip for? The most successful cam models have mastered how to strip and perform in front of an audience.
Get cam model equipment of the highest grade: Standardized hardware and software are necessary, and most recent laptops and PCs with a webcam will suffice. Some webcam software does not operate with Apple iOS, therefore you should stay away from it just to be cautious.
Because of their mobility and freedom of movement, laptops are always more advantageous. Working with a good PC is, however, a necessary part of the job. Your PC is used for more than just filming; it’s also used for producing, logging in, marketing, and creating accounts.
The quality of your camera and microphone is also important. Try to upgrade from a cheap or old webcam to a modern one.
External cameras today have a minimum resolution of 1080p Full HD and a frame rate of 30 frames per second. Ensure your devices have access to great internet speed and pay for the extra Mbps each month if necessary.
Understand the difference between a public and private chat room:
Some models choose to limit what they do in public chat and keep the naughty stuff for private. This is completely up to you! If you are getting a steady stream of tips in a public chat it can be a bad idea to go private but if pubic chat is not profitable a private chat is a guaranteed money maker.
Public chat rooms
Public chat rooms are available for free. Most of the viewers in these rooms are lurkers who do not communicate. You can strategize your performances such that you gain money through tips.
Private chat rooms
Viewers pay for every minute you spend on a private show. You should use this technique only when your tips per minute in public are lower than you would make in private.
On your first performance: The most difficult aspect of your first show is deciding what to do. You do not have to wait for requests before you start devising a plan for your show. Here are some pointers to help you get through that nerve-wracking first show:
- Avoid sitting on your phone looking bored.
- Smile a lot and be yourself.
- Tease your viewers in parts- chat and foreplay, strip slowly and finish with an orgasm.
- Create limits and boundaries.
- Turn on your private messages and develop a strong rapport with your followers. The more you do this, the more they’re likely to tip you with tokens.
- Don’t be afraid to show your real personality. Block anyone who is being unnecessarily rude.
- Appreciate every tip you get (you can give shout-outs to your most devoted followers).
Building your brand: The journey continues after your first show. You have to keep marketing your sex work channel, diversifying your income, and managing publicity. While at it, you’re reminding your followers what distinguishes you from other models. You have to keep expanding and challenging yourself. That’s how you grow in this industry.
Finding your niche: The truth is that porn is everywhere and free. What sets you apart as a cam girl is the personal connection you create with your audience. This is why it is really important to find your niche and gain lifelong fans. These are some niches you may want to consider:
- The nerd
- Role player with a sassy attitude
- Swinging or cheating
- A happily married couple
Finally, just like in most jobs, pursuing a career as a cam star can be challenging. However, a solid plan could help you become successful in this path.